This was taken before Mr. Struthers moved his business to the rear of his house, Inverlea, on Back Lane. The photograph shows part of the High Street and the area behind the garage which was later demolished to make way for Alveston Grange.
N side of High Street, next to Mickleton Garage, camera facing W. West side wall and front wall of stone, all other walls brick. Cotswold stone roof, 2s. Bay windows downstairs, sash windows upstairs, centre window blocked with stone. Extensive outbuildings at back. In 1890's Wm Lissaman Jnr had a 'steam joinery and moulding mills' there. (He ...
Play sessions were organised by the Mickleton Community Archive and run by Gloucestershire Play Rangers. They were held in the Kings Arms gardens.
Bank House, High Street opposite Mickleton Post Office and between Medford House on one side and the Kings Arms public house on the other.
High St, S side, between King's Arms and Medford House. May 1975 camera facing SE Date not known. LHS looks as though added later. Modern addition at back in brick. Main house rubble. Gabled roof, tiled. One dormer wholly in roof space, with barge boards. 2s. Windows - RHS 3-light stone mullions, LHS modern bay on ground ...
Near the back of Chapel Cottage, approached by lane beside Old Post Office. June 1975, camera facing S. (Negative no. C12A) This brick built barn with tiled roof, hipped, stands at the top of the orchard shown ??? Both barn, or stables, and orchard are Manor property and used to be leased with the Old Post Office.
The cottage lies just off the High Street in Big Garden'
Compiled by Mickleton Women's Institute in 1970s: At the junction of High Street and Chapel Lane, against wall of Three Ways Hotel. Camera facing N. Built November 1950 - January 1951. Stone walls. Hipped roof, Cotswold stone under stone ridge. Open front under oak lintel. Inside is a wooden seat round three sides. Architect: Pemberton and Bateman, Chipping Campden. Builder: ...
David Moore is the butcher at this time. The shop is situated on the High Street at the junction with Back Lane.
Compiled by Mickleton Women's Institute in 1970s: Corner of High Street, W side, and Back Lane. Camera facing W. Formerly the Blacksmith's forge, this part of the building was thatched (old photograph), while the adjoining cottage had a slate roof. The present window was the open front to the smithy.
Clive Porter is on the right, Ian Miller on the left.
A rare surviving example of the villages's ridge and furrow fields, Twelve Acres is situated on the corner of High Street and Stratford Road. Many village celebrations have been held there over the years.
Photograph taken from Granbrook Lane, looking towards the High Street - Stratford Road junction and directly across to Twelve Acre Field.
Photo taken at the zebra crossing on High Street looking towards the Stratford turn at the Butts and junction with Granbrook Lane. Twelve Acre Field is on the left
View showing the Fountain and Plantation on the left and Myrtle House, the Village Store and the black and white thatched cottages on the right.
Offering bed and breakfast accommodation.
Chestnut Cottage is on the High Street, between the shop and the Manor. A note in the index compiled to accompany the original slide collection reads, 'The ___ good accommodation for cyclists'. Is this what the sign says?
Compiled by Mickleton Women's Institute during the 1970s: High Street, E side, next to Myrtle House. Camera facing E. About 1883. Manor estate house built in Mr Sidney Graves-Hamilton's time. Rubble. Gabled. Roof tiled. 3 dormers across eaves line. Central dormer projects slightly. 2 s[torey]. Windows 2 - and 3 - light mullions, dripmoulds, one stone bay under ...
There were many children among the villagers who gathered opposite the King's Arms, outside Elder Villa, to see the North Cotswold Hunt set off from Mickleton in 1936.
Arthur Roberts was the village cobbler (1950s) and he worked in this wooden workshop on the High Street. He lived in Granbrook Lane.
Black and white cottages on the High Street. The one on the left has been demolished.