In this address, dated July 1869, Sir Maxwell states that due to a complete breakdown in his health he would most likely be unable to continue as Treasurer and Secretary to the Feoffees, posts he had held since July 1843. Aware of 'misrepresentations' of his capabilities in these post he gives details of the progress made in educational provision in the village ...
Near the back of Chapel Cottage, approached by lane beside Old Post Office. June 1975, camera facing S. (Negative no. C12A) This brick built barn with tiled roof, hipped, stands at the top of the orchard shown ??? Both barn, or stables, and orchard are Manor property and used to be leased with the Old Post Office.
Compiled by Mickleton Women's Institute during the 1970s: High Street, E side, next to Myrtle House. Camera facing E. About 1883. Manor estate house built in Mr Sidney Graves-Hamilton's time. Rubble. Gabled. Roof tiled. 3 dormers across eaves line. Central dormer projects slightly. 2 s[torey]. Windows 2 - and 3 - light mullions, dripmoulds, one stone bay under ...
Description by Mickleton Women's Institute: May 1975, camera facing E. This photograph was taken simply to show the curved boundary wall of Medford House and the glimpse of the Manor at the end of Church Lane, a view we hope will not be sacrificed to the needs of heavy lorry traffic on this dangerous bend in the ...
Showing Manor building on the left and April and Blenheim Cottages on the right.
Looking towards the High Street. Blenheim Cottage and April Cottage are on the left with Medford House beyond, ???. and the church steps on the right.
Part of the Manor wall on the left; April Cottage and the roof of Blenheim Cottage are on the right with the gateway to the Old Vicarage straight ahead.
This photo was taken shortly after it was built by Sydney Graves Hamilton between 1887 and 1891. The house is situated at the top of Glyde Hill and is now famous for its gardens. The portico is clearly visible and was part of the 18th Century wing moved from Mickleton Manor.
Image is taken from an unused postcard of Kiftsgate. The impressive 18th Century portico used to form part of the left wing of Mickleton Manor House. Between 1887and1891 Sidney Graves Hamilton, had it moved stone by stone, using a specially constructed light railway that ran up the elm avenue, from the Manor House to the ...
View of the Manor House showing the lower wall that used to surround it. This was replaced with the present, higher wall in the 1870s. Photograph taken from the garden opposite.
View of the 18th Century wing built by Walwyn Graves (1744-1813). Between 1887and1891 his descendent, Sidney Graves Hamilton, had this demolished and moved, using a specially constructed light railway that ran up the elm avenue, to a site at the top of Glyde Hill where it was re-built as Kiftsgate Court.
Photograph taken from the field known as The Walk.
Now four homes. Photo taken from adjacent field known as The Walk.
Taken from the field known as The Walk.
Compiled by members of Mickleton Women's Institute in 1970: External view of Mickleton Manor House Listed: 3/4A II C17 Freestone. Cotswold stone roof. Gables with finials. Stone chimneys with moulded caps and weathering. 2s. Stone mullion and transom ws. Later alterations. 'A portion of the original C17 manor house survives in the N wing. It has two three-storey ...
Tea party on the lawn at Mickleton Manor for ancestors of the Graves-Hamilton family who were the last Lords of the Manor of Mickleton. This photo shows some of the American family and some villagers who met them.
A tea party was held in the grounds of Mickleton Manor for American ancestors of the Graves Hamilton Family. The photo shows Audrey ? , Lynne Skinner, Sue Payne, Pam Overton and Anne Stowe.
Tea party at Mickleton Manor for ancestors of the Graves-Hamilton family. This photo shows some of the villagers who were present and the new houses built in Manor Gardens. John Kinchin, who has taken many photographs of the village, is standing on the chair.
Photo shows villagers who welcomed visiting American ancestors of the Graves Hamilton family to a tea party held at the manor. John Ingram, Eunice Franklin, Margaret Ingram, Marion Devereux, Flo Aston, Freda Slingsby are sitting at the table. The Manor is in the background.