This was taken before Mr. Struthers moved his business to the rear of his house, Inverlea, on Back Lane. The photograph shows part of the High Street and the area behind the garage which was later demolished to make way for Alveston Grange.
Alveston Grange, a cul-de-sac of modern homes, was built in 1988-89 off the north side of the High Street. The land was formerly the site of Mickleton garages.
This photograph shows the site after the demolition of the Mickleton Garages buildings owned by David Struthers.
N side of High Street, next to Mickleton Garage, camera facing W. West side wall and front wall of stone, all other walls brick. Cotswold stone roof, 2s. Bay windows downstairs, sash windows upstairs, centre window blocked with stone. Extensive outbuildings at back. In 1890's Wm Lissaman Jnr had a 'steam joinery and moulding mills' there. (He ...
This panel had formed part of the original fireplace in the Broadway home of Mr Peter Renfrew which had been built by a William Lissaman. The panel had been stored in a garage since the 1930s. On it, written in pencil, was: Made by C.E.Leech, Mickleton Nov. 14th 1908. Research has found that Charles Edward ...
Situated on Back Lane, the house on the right of this photo is Inverlea, built by garage owner, David Struthers in c.1962. His new garage premises were at the rear of the property. Eventually this was demolished and replaced with the small housing development called Inverlea Court.
Photograph shows milk being delivered by John & Chris Hoggins and Hannah Mathews.
David Moore is the butcher at this time. The shop is situated on the High Street at the junction with Back Lane.
Compiled by Mickleton Women's Institute in 1970s: Corner of High Street, W side, and Back Lane. Camera facing W. Formerly the Blacksmith's forge, this part of the building was thatched (old photograph), while the adjoining cottage had a slate roof. The present window was the open front to the smithy.
Display of meat like this were a regular sight.
Clive Porter is on the right, Ian Miller on the left.
Compiled by Mickleton Women's Institute in 1970s: W side of Chapel Lane, opposite Mill Bank. Camera facing NW. Rubble to top of ground floor windows (at this level there is an exposed beam in the RHS and wall). Upper store rendered. Slate roof. It can be seen inside that the roof has been raised and appearance from Mill ...
A medical practice was here at one time.
This house was used as a doctors' surgery.
This house was used as the doctors' surgery.
This photograph shown the toilet being added to the west end of St Lawrence's church.
The weathervane was removed during restoration work to the church steeple in 1983. The inscription reads: Joseph Blackburn Maker [?] 1884 Nottingham.
Photograph taken during the sundial's restoration.
Photograph taken during the sundial's restoration